Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blah-Blah Sistahood 2008

A weekend filled with laughs and many memories! This past weekend was the 3rd Annual Blah-Blah Sistahood weekend. It's a weekend for the adult ladies of my Dad's side of the family to get together. We meet the first weekend November. It's a weekend to catch up, reminisce and just hang out with our sistahs!
The picture above is of my cousins: Kim, Chauny & Ashlee.


My cousin Chauny plans and organizes this weekend every year! Kudos to her! She makes a menu and has a theme. We have an "Ugly Ornament" contest and P.J. contest. We all take a special part in the weekend - cooking that is. Our theme this weekend was - MAMBO ITALIANO !!!!!!! Which meant that we all had to take part in cooking and italian dish. ALL of the food was wonderful...Not to mention we had made enough food to food all of our spouses and children too. We also proved that we come from a long line of great cooks!!!!!!

Friday:

My sister-in-law, Julee and I started out in the morning. We arrived in Peoria, Il. (5 hr drive) about 3 pm. This is where my cousin Chauny lives. She was so nice to open her home to all of us for our weekend!! She has a beautiful home - it was built in the early 1900's. It was really roomy and very welcoming. After we were all settled in we ordered from a local pizza place - Firehouse Pizza. I thought it was really neat - being that James is a fireman. We ate in so that we could drink and catch up! The pizza was really yummy! We hung out at "Chauny's bar in the basement. We stayed up chatting, drinking and having many laughs until the A.M. hours - not exactly sure what time we went to bed! A toast for the start of the Blah-Blah weekend. Pictured: Chauny & Julee (my sister-in-law)

Saturday:

We slept in until about 7am (not really sleeping in!). We drank LOTS of coffee, fixed breakfast and then all got ready for a day of shopping. We finally called it a day about 9pm and headed for the house. A few of the sistah's had left ahead of us to start dinner - how nice of them! The meal was one fit for queens! It was very good...we drank some more and then we did our Ugly Ornament exchange. I have to say that Chauny and I were running neck in neck with the uglyest ornament. (Chauny's - Eagle & Mine - witch)

Later we all voted on the best P.J.'s - Aunt Bev won this contest!

Pictured below... F-Row: Chauny & Ashlee (my cousin's), M-Row: Me, Aunt Doris & cousin Kim, B-Row: Aunt Bev & Aunt Carolyn. (not pictured: Julee)

We all stayed up pretty late into the A.M. hours. My cousin Chauny and I stayed up until 2:30 am sharing things that had happened in each of our lives over the past few years....sure do wish we lived closer! This sure did remind me of when we were kids.

Sunday:

I woke up very early ...6:30 am to be exact and couldn't get back to sleep!! So I showered and started packing the car. Although I was very happy to be going home to my family that I had missed - I was also sad to leave all of my sistahs! The others finally woke up and then we fixed coffee and ate breakfast together one last time. We looked at pictures that we had taken during the weekend and laughed! After one last walk through the house we all parted ways. Hugs for everyone...we will all miss each other dearly! This was a wonderful weekend had by all! To those sistahs that weren't able to make - I sure hope you will be there next year... I am counting down the days!

Love and miss you all ....







1 comment:

Cathy said...

This sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I had something like this but my family is not close at all. I don't even know half of them anymore. Love your blog, I find this so therapeutic to just get some things out and tell a story. I don't go for masterpiece or anything, half the time I type it so fast later I read and go what the hell was I talking about..