Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I thought I would take this time to wish my family and friends a Happy Thanksgiving.

This is the time of the year that I miss getting together with the Rentfrow's! We have a large family and as a child I would look forward to our big...(actually I think HUGE is a better word!) gatherings! My cousins and I would have a great time running around the house, playing games and just hanging out. We would also draw names for a present exchange at Christmas. But most of all I miss my Grandparents!!!!

We are going to be rather busy eating over the next few days!

1st Feast:
Our Thanksgiving will start tomorrow evening at James' cousin Doug's house. His wife Nikki is a wonderful cook (Chef is a better word!!), she catered our wedding and the food was wonderful! :) She always has a big spread of food at their house...I am ready to dig in!

2nd Feast:
Our house on Thanksgiving Day. A few years ago my mother-in-law had surgery on her hand just before the holidays. James and I were asked to host their Thanksgiving at our house that year. Well it has become a tradition ....we have been hosting every year since. We love it! The only problem we seem to have is - Who does the kitchen belong to on that day?? :) James and I both like to cook, so we have a hard time sharing the kitchen! We spend part of our time getting in each others way. But it's all in fun! LOL!

3rd Feast:
On Saturday we will spend the evening at my parents house eating another turkey dinner. At this feast I am the chosen one to make the desserts. Which I love to do - this is something I really enjoy! This year I will be making a Chocolate Cream Pie (Dad's favorite - if I don't make this pie he doesn't let me live it down!!) and a Apple Crisp Pie (my brother's favorite).

I hope each of you get to spend the holiday with the ones you love - making wonderful memories to share for a life time!


Hug the ones you love,


Tisha

No comments: