Saturday, November 29, 2008

Let the Shopping Begin

I ACTUALLY talked James into going Christmas shopping at 5am on Thanksgiving morning...I know we were out of our minds! The best thing about me talking him into this is that he HATES to shop more than anything else! So this was a HUGE deal to me!! Thanks James - love you honey! :)

After standing in a line for about 1 hour and 15 minutes he had had it! Although it saved us $50 - he still didn't think it was worth loosing sleep over!! I stood in line just as long and saved $120. For a grand total of $170 -So to me it was well worth the wait! I think had he not left his coffee in the car he wouldn't have had such a bad time! :) He doesn't function well without a pot of coffee every morning! But the best part was when we were walking out of the 1st (and last) store - he said "I will NEVER do this again, so don't ask!" He was really a trooper and made the best of it without his coffee! I know that when the boys open those "SPECIAL" gifts on Christmas morning...that time spent at 5 am in a store without his coffee and sleep deprived - it will be well worth it!

Today the boys and I put up the Christmas trees in the house. I put up a lot of the decorations - my village and the nativty set that used to belong to my Grandma Rentfrow - so it means a lot to me to be able to display it in our home. Christmas was my Grandma's favorite holiday of the year. I think of her often throughout the year - but more so at Christmas time.


Although, I still have a few hours left to decorate tomorrow morning, I feel as though I have made a lot of progress today! I am hoping that James will be able to get outside and get the decorations up as well. Then we will be done with the decorating and we can focus on the rest of the holiday!

Hope you all are getting your trees and home decorated for the upcoming holiday.
Looking forward to Christmas -

1 comment:

Traci said...

We were out shopping at 5am too on Black Friday. Deal on washer and dryer at Sears was too good to pass up!!!

I like your blog background - soo cute!